In honor of Maya Angelou ~ ~ ~
Though we need to weep your loss,
You dwell in that safe place in our hearts
Where no storm or night or pain can reach you.
Your love was like the dawn
Brightening over our lives,
Awakening beneath the dark
A further adventure of color. Continue reading
All Thy works with joy surround thee
Earth and heaven reflect Thy rays,
Stars and angels sing around thee,
Center of unbroken praise.
‘tho I be;
You walk with me.
I need to hear;
“Have no fear.” Continue reading
Path of mystery,
shall we dance?
This labyrinth of
wonder flows about me,
I cast aside the gloom,
for verdant light. Continue reading
HOME ~ ~ ~ that is another word for peace. –Kathleen Norris
God be in my head
and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes
and in my looking;
God be in my mouth
and in my speaking;
God be in my heart
and in my thinking;
God be at my end
and in my departing
(Prayer from the Sarum Primer)
O how blessed is this place ~
Filled with Solace, Light, and Grace
I am grateful to honor my 93 year old Mom this Mother’s Day.
Dear Mom, Thank you for all the love you have shared as my mother over the past 66 years. Here are 66 ways that I Love You.
- You always ask God’s blessing on me whenever we talk.
- You taught me to love the beauty of flowers ~ especially forget-me-nots and geraniums.
- You taught me to love good cooking.
- I especially love your meatballs and
- Your BBQ with chili sauce.
- You taught me to enjoy good times with family and friends. Continue reading
will fall softly upon you
as you sleep.
The days events have asked
you to find peace. Continue reading